OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE INCIDENT ON DEC 13TH
Dear investors and Moniwar community,
First of all, we would like to thank the support of investors and the community during the past time. Recently there has been a sudden drop in the price of $MOWA. This has adversely affected the psychology of our investors and the community. As project coordinators, we accept responsibility for this issue and have conducted a review to clarify the cause of the incident, specifically as follows:
The reason for the drop in $MOWA price:
The personal laptop of an employee who is in charge of the marketing wallet was infected with malware, which indirectly allowed hackers to penetrate and steal the 1.4 million tokens distributed to that wallet. Specific transactions are as follows:
- The hacked wallet: 0xbe9bd08273c28f742b69aaa62478afb6a0767eb6
- The hacking wallet: 0xbfb2c9685ecf4a8a273b217b3526c7b063b3efa1
— — — —
Hash 1: Marketing cost storage wallet consisting of 1.4 million $MOWA Tokens was stolen and sent to another wallet.
- Transaction code: https://bscscan.com/tx/0x658886bc994ae6d456cdc618d498718c6249dc2f2ef0997dd3b883fd7f0e8dca
- The hacker then transferred $MOWA to the following wallet address to flush: 0x7d1cb140eba1e602b39ff785d812dd2a5e878b7a
Hash 2: After sending to another wallet, the hacker converted all $MOWA into BNB for liquidity and continued to transfer to another wallet.
- Transaction code: https://bscscan.com/tx/0x835476b66f16d96f3569edc1c23a31bc48c8fdad0c9b828b1364f8db6c4a1b49
Hash 3: The wallet that the hacker used to transfer $MOWA into BNB for liquidity, the hacker continued to send all the BNB to an intermediary wallet.
- Transaction code: https://bscscan.com/tx/0x4fa4a0cd1b1d81d13030054d4867497df2a305db0160d68c5b7a9adb871dc2d4
Hash 4: Finally, the intermediary wallet sent BNB to Hotbit exchange.
- Transaction code: https://bscscan.com/tx/0xbc8bb49fc7b9c6fe3b7d3d47c23f80fbd5eb9ce8e682e265fe6a07f406dc639e
— — — —
- Notify the whole company about the incident, take professional measures to investigate the cause, make remedial plans to ensure that the risk is carefully reviewed.
- Make an optimal emergency plan, check and resecure main wallet storage devices.
- Contact advisors, backers, partners for advice on solutions.
- Secure the personal devices of employees according to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 process.
- After consulting with advisors, backers, partners, we have come to the decision to burn 1.4 million $MOWA tokens from poolfee wallet (wallet that stores transaction fees), which is equivalent to the number of stolen tokens. We hope this decision will compensate and strengthen the trust from the community and partners who have supported Moniwar during the past time. => Link burn: https://bscscan.com/tx/0x506433a53309a09f166c221034a90396d1ad7b5b29c88ad2301716199ab7ebfc
- We also contacted and coordinated with Hotbit’s support department to provide information, ask for support (although we still know that Hotbit has their own policy on this situation).
- In addition, we are also discussing a plan to buy tokens and lock for 6 to 12 months.
— — — —
Moniwar is serious about product development and is one of the few projects that really look forward to developing for a long term and having a clear roadmap. The developers also ensure that there will be no similar incidents in the future. Hopefully, the community will always support and believe in Moniwar.
Moniwar project development team!